|Policy Document |
Boston Crop Sprayers Limited
Boston Crop Sprayers Limited believe that we have a responsibility to care for and protect the environment in which we operate. We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and will encourage our business partners and members of the wider community to join us in this effort.
Boston Crop Sprayers Limited recognises our key impacts to be in the areas of:
• Energy use
• Waste generation
• Emissions to air/water
• Water use
We will strive to:
• Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements
• Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts.
• Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy.
• Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible (e.g. recycled, FCS or low environmental impact products and energy from renewable sources).
• Publicise our environmental position.
• Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in environmental action.
• Reduce risks from environmental, health or safety hazards for employees and others in the vicinity of our operations.
• Adopt an environmentally sound transport strategy.
• Aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where appropriate.
• Assist in developing solutions to environmental problems.
• Continually assess the environmental impact of all our operations.
Boston Crop Sprayers Limited have developed a series of action plans to supplement each of our environmental policy objectives. These can be found in the Reception Area of Boston office.
Boston Crop Sprayers policy is to procure where possible from environmentally responsible businesses
When purchasing goods enquire about environmental policy
Wherever possible purchase from a recycled source
Emissions to air and water
Boston Crop Sprayers policy is to minimise emissions to air and water
Water - Adhere to buffer zones at all times
Air - Recycle as much as possible what cannot be recycled goes to land fill do not burn.
Boston Crop Sprayers use Gas and Electricity at Wisbech and Electricity only at Boston.
To reduce usage we must not leave lights or heating on unnecessarily. Do not leave doors and windows open.
Install individual switches to over desk florescent lighting enabling them to be turned off when nobody at the desk. Work carried out March 2012.
Investigate Solar panels for electricity. DH currently investigating with Smiths Electrical.
Investigate Wind Turbine for electricity. DH currently investigating with Wind Crop. Site survey carried out February 2012 discussing position and planning.
Boston Crop Sprayers policy is to recycle as much as possible and keep waste to a minimum.
Cardboard to be separated and collected and to be placed in the Red container supplied by Veolia
Waste paper from the office that is confidential to be shredded and shredded paper to be placed in the red container provided by Veolia.
Waste paper from the office of a non-confidential nature to be placed in the recycle container in the office and emptied into the red container provided by Veolia.
Plastic chemical containers to be triple rinsed at time of application and placed in plastic outer and delivered to Agricycle for recycling.
Waste oil to be collected in a waste oil container and collected by a licensed collector of waste oil.
Batteries to be collected by UK batteries for recycling
Ink Cartridges that have been used to be collected in the stationary room and sent for recycling
Computers no longer required to be sent to for recycling to Weee-recycleuk
Boston Crop Sprayers code for Hazardous waste collection is NUX612
Boston Crop Sprayers policy is to harvest and re use as much water as possible
Installed two water tanks for collecting rainwater.
Tank 1 Aprox 5,000 litre connected to workshop roof to harvest rainwater used in the Laboratory.
Tank 2 Aprox 20,000 Litres connected to workshop roof to harvest rainwater used for application.
It is planned to connect a 3rd 20,000 Litre tank in the future which would enable us to collect all rain water that falls on workshop and store roof.