|Albert Hildred established Boston Crop Sprayers as an agricultural business in 1955. His first sprayer was a 1948 John Deere tractor. |
The business developed over the next few years and was run as a partnership between Albert and his wife Kit with two spray operators. Application equipment improved greatly during the seventies and Boston Crop Sprayers developed one of the first forward control sprayers. This was built in their own workshops and based on a Ford tractor.
In 1988, the business was handed over to sons, David and Mark Hildred. By 1996 the business had grown to a stage where it needed the new chemistry only available to larger companies. It formed the perfect alliance with HL Hutchinson Ltd, also a family owned agrochemical business. This gave the company and its customers the benefit of combining agronomy advice, contracting requirements and access to a comprehensive stock of agrochemicals and sprayer parts. Uniquely this offered farmers in Lincolnshire a full range of agrochemicals, technical advice, contracting services as well as application machinery sales and service from one site.
In January 2003 the machinery business expanded into Wisbech taking over the well-established machinery business of Hutchinson's at North End.
Spring 2008 saw the opening of their new purpose built head offices, much expanded workshop and stores at Frampton Fen. The business was Granted Royal Warrant on 1st January 2009, is wholly dedicated to the industry, and continues to serve agricultural and horticultural businesses throughout the UK.
In February 2016 Vassgro Sprayers became part of Boston Crop Sprayers extending our trading area into Bedfordshire. Vassgro Sprayers have built an enviable reputation for reliable service sales and fabrication over the years previously part of LW Vass